Costco's winning worldwide formula

Costco is continuing to expand in countries all over the world due to its winning formula. Despite fierce competition from local retailers and other international chains, the member-based shopping club has managed to grab consumer attention by infusing stores with assortments that reflect local tastes. Costco typically reserves 65 percent of its merchandise for local and specific merchandise. The remaining 35 percent is the chain's in-house Kirkland brand of non-grocery items. Story

Suggested Articles

Costco changes up its menu items, and Alibaba and Guess partner for a physical store.

Janey Whiteside, Walmart's new chief customer officer, is well acquainted with the importance of customer service in modern retail.

Whole Foods will offer deals on Amazon's Prime Day, and tariffs against China are causing pricing hikes.