98% of Generation Z still shop in-store

clothing store
67% of Generation Z shop in brick-and-mortar stores most of the time.

According to a new global study from IBM and the National Retail Federation, 67% of Generation Z shop in brick-and-mortar stores most of the time and 31% shop in-store sometimes, totaling 98% shopping in physical stores at least some of the time. By 2020, this consumer group will grow to 2.6 billion consumers aged 13 to 21, many of whom are also willing to pay more for value and personalization, as price was not their first priority. (NRF)

Suggested Articles

Costco changes up its menu items, and Alibaba and Guess partner for a physical store.

Janey Whiteside, Walmart's new chief customer officer, is well acquainted with the importance of customer service in modern retail.

Whole Foods will offer deals on Amazon's Prime Day, and tariffs against China are causing pricing hikes.